How to turn on a WiFi Hotspot on a Huawei Device
How to Turn on Your Huawei’s Personal Hotspot
What is a personal hotspot?
Nowadays the majority of smartphones are enabled with the personal hotspot feature. This feature allows you to turn your phone into a portable Wi-Fi router, for both personal use via other devices, or to share your data and internet access with friends and family.
Your hotspot can be given a name and a secure password, making it easily findable for those you want to share it with, and protected against those you don’t. For example, if your friend is with a different carrier to you and their network goes down, you can grant them access to the internet via your data so they can stay up to date with what’s going on.
Using a personal hotspot is a great alternative to signing up to use risky public Wi-Fi, which can often expose you to hackers and other cyber threats. This is useful for working on the go, or any other situation where you may send sensitive information or access private accounts. It also means that you can share data with friends and family should theirs run out while on the go – a great feature for when you’re traveling.
Can you personal hotspot while abroad?
Yes, you can. Using your Huawei personal hotspot while abroad works the same way as using it at home – but there are some important things to consider before doing so.
- Make sure you have enough data to use your personal hotspot and share it with others.
- Consider purchasing an eSIM to avoid expensive roaming fees while using data abroad.
Keep in mind that not all eSIMs allow you to share data from your plan with friends and family. If you intend to be the Wi-Fi provider during your travels, make sure you shop around for the eSIM package that will let you spread the love (and internet connection) – such as TravelSim eSIMs.
How to hotspot with a Huawei: Step by step
Read on to learn how to activate your hotspot on your Huawei phone. Keep in mind that these steps may vary slightly depending on which version of EMUI your phone is running.
- Go into “Settings” and select “Mobile network”. The name of this section may vary depending on your location.
- Configure your hotspot by selecting your device name and password. Remember that a strong password should include a mixture of numbers, special characters, and both lower and upper case letters.
- Enable your hotspot. Activate your hotspot to make it findable to others.
- Decide how to share your hotspot. For example, it can be shared through both Bluetooth or USB tethering.
- Remember to turn off your hotspot when you’re finished with it. This will help you save battery and stop you from reaching your data limit unexpectedly.
We also have tutorials for activating your personal hotspot with both Apple and Android devices.
Ready to order your eSIM? Configure your data plan here
Use an eSIM on the go and don’t risk high roaming fees ruining your trip. We’re constantly working to keep our eSIMs heads and shoulders above our competitors. If you’re ready try one for yourself, get your eSIM now.